Avoid chocolate, chase menstrual migraine away


Every time I feel hungry, my head starts pounding. When I do not get to eat in the next half an hour, I start feeling emotional and sad. I am 36-years-old and I started having this issues when I turned 30.Is this anything to worry about?
During hunger when the blood sugar becomes low (hypoglycaemia) it is common for some people to get headaches. In order to avoid this, do not be on empty stomach for a long time. Carry some snacks like fruits or biscuits with you so that you can immediately eat when you get hungry. If you are feeling emotional or sad that could be symptoms of other conditions and please consult your doctor for further evaluation.
If I skip my morning coffee, I get a severe headache. I need coffee by 10am. I can go without breakfast but not without coffee.The headache is the reason why I can’t quit coffee. Help!
What you are experiencing is from caffeine withdrawal headache. This is also very common. If you want to stop coffee, you can do so gradually by reducing the quantity. You can take half of your usual amount for one week the one-fourth for next week and then try to stop gradually. Avoid taking any other caffeinated beverages during the day. Another option is to switch to decaffeinated coffee and taper gradually.
I get a severe headache when I am on my periods. Is headache a symptom of menstruation?
What you are experiencing is probably menstrual migraine which is due to hormonal changes that occur during menstrual periods. Adequate rest, good sleep, avoiding coffee, avoiding chocolates and foods containing cheese, Ajinomoto, all these are some of the things that will help decrease the headache during periods. If it is severe you can take some medications after consulting with your doctor.
Can you tell me the method to tie the headband in a right way when suffering from headache?
Some patients report help with tying a headband. There is no specific method to tie the band. Avoid tying the headband very tight. Untie the headband after 10 minutes. Give a break for 2-3 minutes then you can use again. You can apply ice pack and that would also help the headache.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog